If you are interested in some practical tips on ways to improve your wellbeing, but are not quite ready to sign up and complete the ifarmwell modules, have a look at the tip sheets below. The topics covered are those that other farmers have said they would like to know more about. The suggestions are based on what research has shown can help.
We recommended that you print a copy so you can easily complete the exercises, make notes and refer to them at a later date.
We also suggest that you use the tip sheet to start a conversation with someone you trust about the issue you are facing and together work out a plan for how you will tackle it. Having this sort of conversation will increase your chances of making meaningful changes to your life.
To view the tip sheets, click on the headings below.
- Basic self care and coping strategies
- Adapting to change or a new role
- Alcohol and drug use
- Coping after a natural disaster
- Coping during and after a drought
- Dealing with domestic violence
- Feeling trapped in an unhappy relationship
- Grief or loss
- How to get your point across without upsetting others
- Improving the quality of your relationship with your partner
- Improving the quality of your sleep
- Managing anger
- Managing conflict with others
- Problem solving
- Succession planning
- What to do if you're feeling down or low
Please note that for more comprehensive information and support, we strongly encourage you to register and complete the five free ifarmwell modules.